Emma has been involved in the Events Management industry for over 15 years and currently holds the position of Managing Director with ICMS Australasia. Emma has a 12-year association with ICMSA, with proven successful outcomes in managing staff and suppliers. In this role Emma is responsible for integral elements of the events being managed, particularly in the area of budget and revenue management and sponsorship and exhibition procurement.
Previously Emma held a tenured position at the University of Technology Sydney, in the Faculty of Business. Emma lectured weekly to over 1000 students in the core management subject for the School of Management, Managing People and Organisations. She is a skilled communicator having graduated from UTS with a Bachelor of Business (Hons). Emma continues to apply an academic discipline to her role, yielding best outcomes for clients, staff and suppliers.
Key projects Emma has delivered in the last six years include:
- 6th IUCN (International Union for Conservation) World Parks Congress, 6,000 delegates, Sydney
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) New World Conference, 2,000 delegates, Brisbane
- 45th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Australasian Society for Immunology, 500 delegates, Canberra
- Australian College of Operating Room Nurses Conference National Conference, 1,000 delegates, Hobart
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI) National Congress, 1,000 delegates, Adelaide
- 17th Congress of the International Union for the Study of Social Insects, 700 delegates, Cairns
- XXXIII World Nut & Dried Fruit Congress, 900 delegates, Melbourne
- Security in Government Conference, 500 delegates, Canberra
- 15th Asia Pacific Chapter Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates Conference, 400 delegates, Sydney
- 12th International Coral Reef Symposium, 2,000 delegates, Cairns
- 18th International Botanical Congress, 2,400 delegates, Melbourne
- 26th Asia Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology Congress, 4,500 delegates, Sydney